I will start this ideas blog with a bunch of handmade embellishments tutorials, because, well... I am the only contributor for the moment, so of course, I will share what I love the most!
But this is NOT a blog about handmade embellishments, there will be so much more when the other contributors join me...
I have already received amazing applications, and it will be tough to choose among them. Don't forget that this call will end on Saturday 4th so if you would like to be part of this fun and friendly blog team, please, apply now!
The first handmade embellishment I would like to share is this quilling flower.
1. First, cut 3 paper strips (cardstock or patterned paper, as you like) with about 8" in the length.
For the width, the thin strip is about 3/16" (it will be the thickness of your finished flower).
For the medium and large strips, it's as you like : for example, you can choose 1/2" and 3/4" for a large flower, or 3/8" and 5/8" for a smaller one.
2. Cut fringes in the medium and large strips with your scissors, as regularly as possible.
3. Roll up the thin strip (you can use a quilling tool, but you also can roll up with your fingers) and hold the end with some glue.
4. Then, add the medium strip : start with a tiny bit of glue and continue to roll up.
5. Add the large strip the same way and finish with some glue.
6. I like to add more glue underside because it also makes it easier to stick the flower on the project. Allow it to dry.
6. Finally, open the petals to flatten the flower!
Variation : You can use only a thin strip for the flower center and another larger strip for the petals.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, and see you soon for much more!