Saturday 15 November 2014

Getting Inspired - using prompts to jumpstart your creativity

Hey everyone, it's Cathy here, long time no blog!  Well I'm back and I have a new series I would like to start here on Scrap Your Scraps.  Back in 2013 Two Peas in a Bucket had a series of videos called 213 in 2013 where they gave you 4-5 prompts each week to help jumpstart your creativity.  I have watched all of those videos and it made me decide to do my own series of blog posts with prompts.  I find that when given a challenge or a jumping off point when it comes to my scrapbooking I tend to rise to the occasion and become more focused.
So for the month of November I have come up with 5 prompts that I hope will help you when it comes to getting ideas for your paper crafting ventures!

Prompt 1
Scrap a photo series.  Do you have a photo series that shows a progression or just several photos showing the same thing?  Why not scrap them all!

Prompt 2
Scraplift an 8.5 x 11 layout.  I often will pin 8.5 x 11 layouts for inspiration so I decided now would be the time to use one for a scraplift!

Prompt 3
Make a feminine layout with using a floral print.  I have a TON of floral papers and I always tend to use them when scrapping about my daughter, but there are so many other papers out there that could easily translate into a feminine layout without being obviously girly, so why not give it a try.

Prompt 4
Use your scraps to make a background.  Whether it's with a punch and leftover paper or with strips of paper use up some scraps to create a background on your page!

Prompt 5
Glitz it up with some silver!  I know gold is the trend right now, and believe me I love it, but why not change it up and use some silver instead.  Whether you use some glitter tape, silver paper, journal with a silver pen or use sequins add a little silver sparkle to your layout.

So here is my layout using all 5 prompts for November!


    Cathy Martin

5 comments:

  1. YOUR PAGE IS SO BEAUTIFUL LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy your work is always just stunning and this one is no exception! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I love this page. I especially like black and white photos. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...