Here are my two favorite techniques :
Tea bag folding with a pinewheel look :
1. First, cut 8 squares (for example with the size 1-1/4").
2. Fold them by the middle like on the pictures (firstly fold in triangles on one side, then fold in rectangles on the other side, does it make sense ?)
3. Fold like on the picture. If you already have your creases on the right side, it will fold itself very easily !
4. Fold up the tiny bit like on the picture and repeat for the 8 squares.
5. Put all the squares together the ones into the others like on the picture and hold them with glue.
6. Embellish with a paper circle and a big brad.
Tea bag foldind with a flower look :
For this one, I used patterned vellum (although thin paper works the best, vellum isn't the easiest, but I love the look) and I followed this tutorial : http://www.handcraftedgreetings.com/zigzagfold.php.
And here are two of my projects with these tea bag folding techniques :
Additional links :
Please, feel free to share your links and I will be happy to add them!