Thursday 5 February 2015

5 Prompts for February 5th 2015!

Hey scrappy friends!  I think it's pretty coincidental that I will be posting my 5 prompts on the 5th of every month, but don't find me, I'm weird like that!  So welcome back to my ongoing series where every month I offer up 5 prompts or ideas to jumpstart your creativity.  Use them all together or take each one as a separate challenge.  For my layout I used all 5 prompts together as usual.  So here are this months prompts!

1. Play with your mists! 
  Whether you paint with them, use a mask, or spray embellishments just have fun with them.  If you don't have mists then you can use watercolours or gelatos to achieve similar looks.

2. Center your design.
The rule of thirds is great and all, but sometimes you just want your picture to take center stage, so this time I put my picture right in the center of my grid, and worked out from there.

3. Bring back the banner.
Hey guys, remember banners?  Remember how popular they were in recent years?  Well I see no reason why trends have to end.  I can't figure out for the life of me why there are even trends in scrapbooking, though I am guilty of following them myself I still like to use old techniques or embellishments, ones that are tried and true.

4. Use up your 6x6 paper pads.
I love these little guys.  I love how the patterns are scaled down, so that they will still work great when used in small amounts.  Using up your scraps would work as well, I just happen to have a ton of paper pads and I never end up using them!

5. Use multiple stickers and thickers.

This works best with a title or subtitle that is fairly long.  Use a different font/alpha for each word in your title.  Mixing up the colours works great too! I know there are lots of people out there that have rules about numbers of fonts, but well as they say, rules are meant to be broken!


For my layout I started with a burlap banner that I had purchased at Michaels.  It was umbrellas and I wasn't sure how I would ever use it, but when I came across these photos of my kids at a rainy parade I knew it would be perfect.  I didn't like the neutral colour of the umbrellas so I took out 4 colours of mist and painted my umbrellas.  I also painted my wood veneers with my navy blue mist..  I then layered paper after paper from one of my 6x6 paper pads.  I added some embellishments here and there, keeping a balance and a horizontal line.  I used a mask to draw some cute clouds and then grabbed my thickers and alphabets and began laying out my title.  I love how this turned out in the end, and it was actually pretty quick to make!  Have a great crafty day!








Scrap Your Scraps Design Team Member



Hello Everyone

I love Cathy's 5 prompts this month!... I have been wanting to scrapbook a layout with these two selfies my daughter took and write a little about what she's into right now.  As my daughters are getting older I am finding that my photo opportunities are not as they were when they were younger and pose for 100s of photos (literally) in a shot.  So now some of the layouts I have are of them taking selfies which also speaks as to what stage they are at in life (I hate taking selfies!! LOL ;-0).

So here is my take on the 5 prompts -



Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY SCRAPPIN'!
Scrap Your Scraps Design Team Member

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...