Wednesday 25 June 2014

Pull-Out Pockets for Interactive Scrap Booking Pages


Hi Everyone!  

This pull-out pocket idea was inspired by Christy Harriman.  I saw one of her youtube videos and really liked the idea of having interactive scrap booking pages.  Her video inspired me to create some of my own, and I'd like to share this idea with you.  These pocket pages can be used for hidden journaling, pictures or whatever you'd like. 

I created these for my Christmas book which is a 6x8 SNAP album. I used some red and blue Christmas paper for the pockets and then added some embellishments using scraps from my stash.     
 

These were created for my Hawaii vacation book which is also a 6x8 SNAP album.  The papers I used for these would have been fine just as they were; but, again, I wanted to use some of my scraps.  So I added some embellishments and word art to coordinate with the colors of the pull-out sheets.  There is coordinating paper behind the pocket.  So when it's inserted into your book and you flip the page, it looks just as good on the back.  You could also add more journaling or pictures.


When I insert them into my SNAP album, I just punch holes in the side. This shows one of the pocket pages inserted into my book.  You can see how you can add just about anything you want to the pull-out sheet.


The pocket doesn't have to open on the side.  Here is one where I wanted the pocket to open at the top. I added one of our vacation pictures to the front and the back.  The pull-out sheet has my journaling for the day with another picture behind that.


Constructing the pocket and the pull-out page is relatively easy.  The fun part is embellishing it, using your scraps, and making it your own.  Take two pieces of heavy card stock and cut them to your desired size.  This will depend on the size of the album you will be inserting them into.  Take your circle punch and punch half a circle on the top piece of card stock.  In this example, I used a 1" circle punch.  Run your adhesive along three sides.  The open side will be where you insert your pull-out sheet.  The size of the pull-out sheet will depend on how wide your adhesive is.  So you may need to experiment with this to get the right size.  You want to make sure it slides easily in and out.    


It looks pretty plain so far.  The fun part is making it unique by adding your own embellishments and finishing touches.  This is where your scrap bin or stash comes into play.  Take a look and see what you might have to dress up your pocket page and pull-out sheet.  I added a 4x6 card about summer, some circles, word art and other little scraps of color here and there.  This is the finished product.  I just love how it turned out.


If interactive scrap booking pages just aren’t your thing, you might want to consider using the same concept to make gift enclosure cards.  I made one here that measures about 3x5.  It would be perfect for enclosing inside a gift.  You have the envelope and the card all ready to go.  Just add your own sentiment on the inside and/or outside to personalize it.


I hope I’ve inspired you to create your own pull-out pocket pages or maybe even gift enclosure cards.  Thanks for stopping by and happy scrapping! 


  Sandi Chromey
  Creative Team Member of SCRAP YOUR SCRAPS 


29 comments:

  1. Love this Sandi! I will definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Mandy. They are fun to make.

      Delete
  2. Such a great idea - and I love, love, love the papers you used for the summer page/pocket! Looks awesome! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea, and such adorable examples. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and I'm glad you liked the examples!

      Delete
  4. Such a neat idea. Thanks for showing us how. Love the way you curled up some of the circle arc and made the pull out tab decorative. The blue and yellow is a great combination that I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The yellow decorative arc is actually a paper clip. The blue and yellow really are fun colors!

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful examples! Awesome tutorial and a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I get inspired by so many different people. It's so much fun!

      Delete
  6. Great idea I love to tuck things in for a small surprise for the reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I think surprises are fun, too.

      Delete
  7. Super Dooper cute! What wonderful examples of a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! There are so many inspiring people in this world! That's where I get so many ideas :-)

      Delete
  8. So cute! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're welcome! It was my pleasure.

      Delete
  9. Such a great idea! Love so many things about it. Beautiful work Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is the pull tab with the circle clip on it! This would work on my 12 x 12 layouts too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post! love the pocket ideas.. love the layers... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pocket idea for my albums. I really love how cute your pockets are. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Idea!!! This will help when there is more information that I want to put on my page but not necessarily want others seeing, or just some more space period!!! Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea. I'm always looking for ideas to add extra photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW - Sandi! Such a great post! You really have a gift for taking those pockets and embellishing them into something magical. I love this idea because having that circle cut into the pocket draws your attention to the insert. I'm always afraid to use inserts like that for fear that they would be missed (when I don't want them to be). Your approach totally solves that issue for me.

    Am I understanding correctly that the swirl on the yellow circle-tab in the next-to-last photo is a yellow paper clip? It's such a fun touch - did you twist it into that shape or did it come swirled like that already?

    Such great ideas on this blog, Ladies! Thanks for sharing your work with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, the yellow swirl is actually a paper clip. I bought them. Can't remember exactly where but it was probably Michael's or JoAnn's in their clearance bins. I don't like to pay a lot for embellishments :-) I hope this helps. Thanks for checking out the blog.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...