Saturday 17 January 2015

Double Page Layout Traditional and Pocket Style

Hello Everyone

Today I'm sharing a double page layout I created.  I mixed a traditional 12x12 scrapbook layout with a pocket-style page layout.  For me this was the best solution to getting all the photos I wanted to use.  All my photos are 3x4 including on the traditional layout.  I used papers from one line (Lawn Fawn in this case) to have consistency throughout.  The brown DMC floss that I used on both pages also help with the flow between the two pages.  The third way I showed the flow and consistency between the two different styles was with the critters and dies I used.
If you don't have pocket-style page protectors this type of double page layout is still possible to achieve.  You just need to tape down the pocket style papers/cards/photos onto a 12x12 piece of card stock.
I love both styles of 'scrapbooking' and for me this is the BEST OF BOTH WORLDS! :)











Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY SCRAPPIN'!


Hi everyone, it's Cathy here, and as soon as I saw Mandy's double page layout I knew I wanted to do my own!  Now I don't do pocket scrapbooking myself, so I didn't have any page dividers in order to get lots of photos on a layout, so I approached it a little differently.  I knew I wanted to use some pocket cards on my layout to keep with a bit of the same theme as Mandy so I started and expanded from there.  I managed to get 6 photos on my double page layout so I am pretty happy with that!  For the most part I kept my embellishments and papers from the same line, mixing in a few different items here and there, just as Mandy did.  I don't do many double page layouts, but this time I went with a different perspective on them which I think in the end gave me more freedom.  I treated each layout as it's own, and used similar patterns and shapes to create continuity within the layouts, so that they can be viewed separately or together and still have the same amount of impact.  I even dug DEEP into my thickers stash to find those brown ones that I think I bought in like 2010!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...