Monday 9 March 2015

Creating Page Kits

Creating Page Kits Using Your Own Supplies
by Jeanette Giancaspro

Do you spend more time gathering your supplies than you spend actually creating your layout?

Do you have so many supplies that you don’t know where to start?

Do you find yourself spending too much time looking for that “perfect” embellishment?

If you answered “Yes” to any (or all) of these questions, have I got a checklist for you!  

Like so many scrapbookers/stampers/crafters, I have struggled with all of the above.  I have spent more time choosing my supplies than I actually spent creating the project.  I have sat there staring at my shelves and boxes of “stuff” for agonizingly long periods of time.  I have gotten countless headaches from looking through my stash for just the right materials.  I got to the point where I just couldn’t take it anymore!  So I came up with the following checklist to take the pain out of selecting my supplies.  This helps me to create my own page kits for my layouts, just like those expensive kits that can be bought already put together.

Now I spend more time enjoying what I really love:  creating the layout.  I am also using more of the supplies that I already have.  Sometimes I change things up a little, but I try to keep to this list as much as possible.  I don’t always use everything on this checklist, and that’s OK too.  Feel free to adapt it to your own specific needs.  And remember to always be your creative self!



Creating Page Kits Checklist


o   Photos
o   Sketch
o   Patterned paper and cardstock  (3-5 patterned papers and 3 - 4 sheets of cardstock)
o   Specialty papers/transparencies
o   Journaling cards or blocks
o   Washi tape, ribbon, or twine
o   Embellishments (die cuts, veneer, acetate, chipboard, etc.)
o   Small embellishments (brads, enamel dots, rhinestones, sequins, etc.)
o   Letter stickers or rub-on letters
o   Die cut and/or punch any additional shapes and letters.

o   Punch shapes and/or borders.

Scrap Your Scraps Design Team Member

2 comments:

  1. You are describing me...
    Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder.... I do tend to do some of this when planning a few pages at a time... helps to get the process started. Need to do it more often though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...